Living Kind

I was raised in what I would describe as a kind household. Growing up, my mom was (and still is) a pioneer of the volunteer world. Her and my aunts fashioned fundraisers from the ground up and were at one point featured in Glamour Magazine for their endless work on giving Christmases to the less fortunate through the Box Project. The eight of us cousins lived it on the day to day as we shuffled places with our moms and watched them live kind. My mom still spends her time volunteering for Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation. She essentially gives them a gift each month that in turn fulfills her drive to live kind. 

I spent 10 years in the education world. That land is a place where kindness is expected. Human capital is the most important capital that we have in this world, so it is no wonder that my decade in public education was spent planning service projects and whatnot. Its in my blood. 

I learned over my 30 some odd years (who’s counting) on this planet that recycling is important. (My mom had us go to the recycling plant to drop our stuff off before it was a thing). I learned that you get back what you throw into the world. (I worked tirelessly on heart health philanthropy for 10 years before my own child was diagnosed with a heart defect and in turn I was gifted the absolute best team of doctors to care for my little man). I learned that belief and getting people to believe in your cause is 80% of the battle, the other 20% is hard, honest work. (I built a business that I needed all of the belief I could get). I learned that love always wins. (No matter what, remember why you are here- because someone loved you enough to watch you grow and become who you are).

As a business owner, I had no idea that the concept of living kind would translate to my business. But it does. Daily. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of the people who have helped me grow professionally while believing in my dream. I am gracious and in turn, I like to pay it forward. When I love something, I talk about it. Because that is what kind is. That is what makes life in a small but big world run. 

Over the past 27 months, I have developed some relationships with the most kind people on this planet. The other day, one of these wonderful souls shot me an email to tell me that I am a kind person and my heart sang. This is what life is about. Being kind, gracious, and enjoying the small things in life. I never once doubted myself when I took my career leap of faith. I BELIEVED that I was going to do what I am doing today. I still do. And I believe in others. Humans are so intricate, yet simple in the same right. We need love, smiles, hugs, and belief. And that is what I have to give. Because so many people have given me that throughout my journey through life. 

One of the best parts of parenting for me thus far has been teaching my children how to live kind. How to believe in others, look at others with belief, and be gracious in living are all things that they have never been too young to learn. B is polite and kind by nature. (I married another kind soul) S is a lover and a believer and she knows that she is awesome. And I pray that it always stays that way.

Even earlier today, when I was explaining to S why her doggie smelled bad from being skunked, she asked me if the skunk was ok. (I may or may have not told her that he argued with a skunk and the skunk told him off with his spray because #threeyearoldlifelessons)

The universe has a way of making that kind go around, and I sure am glad that it does. Kind boomerangs and so does belief. I am happy to share my love of all things local, kind, amazing, and gracious. And most of all, I love seeing my kids follow along the path of living kind. Maybe its the raging pregnancy hormones, but this is one sweet world that I am so grateful I live in. 

As a final thought or two: 

Always love.

Believe in humans.

Boomerang the world with positivity. 

and

Live Kind. 

 My little Kind Humans, S and B. 
My little Kind Humans, S and B. 

Published by alimfinn

30 something mama of 3 looking to crush motherhood and share some stories along the way!

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: